Manager, School Leadership
At AITSL, we believe every Australian child deserves a quality education. This relies on quality teaching and effective school leadership. We drive effective and inspiring teaching and school leadership, to improve student learning in the classroom.
To be successful in this position you will excel in working in fast-paced, multi-faceted environment where no day is the same.You need to be comfortable with ambiguity, a confident juggler of multiple tasks and a person focused on quality results. You will be a confident and positive leader of projects and people, with strength in policy development and implementation. You will be experienced in working within the education sector, have a strong knowledge of school leadership issues and know how to form and maintain trusted relationships with a range of networks. You will have the ability to influence and provide high quality advice and quickly grasp complex issues.
The Manager, School Leadership is an established senior position and provides opportunities to develop, guide and manage national projects that support the preparation and ongoing development of school leaders across Australia. This is an exciting role, driving change and innovation in the important school leadership area.
The Manager, School Leadership will have responsibility for:
- Providing high level and reliable policy advice on school leadership and teaching issues, making policy connections and proposing solutions in a complex national environment.
- Contributing to the organisation’s strategic planning, operationalising strategic goals and implementing sound project management including effective procurement practices.
- Leading project teams to deliver strategic goals and objectives related to school leadership and teaching, on time, at quality and within budget.
- Fostering an environment that supports continual self-improvement and team capability, building high performance teams and demonstrating strong commitment to team goals and actions.
- Using a range of communication and stakeholder engagement strategies ensuring complex information is shared effectively.
- Preparing high quality, fit-for purpose and timely strategic and operational advice for a variety of audiences, including discussion papers, submissions, reports and briefings for committees, the Board, and other key decision makers.
For more information, please see the Position Description - Manager, School Leadership,
> Apply for this role
Applications close 9.00am Friday 7 April 2017.